The development of this technology was the result of an animal control agency's request for a lead free bullet that would provide an extensive wound trauma with minimal pass through energy. Basically, the idea was to burst the bullet into numerous particles at a predetermined depth creating many wounds and a large temporary cavity at or near the central nervous system with proper shot placement. The agency had tried copper matrix frangible projectiles and found the penetration depth and particle size were less than what was required for proper terminal performance.The bullet is designed to penetrate to a specific depth and to fracture as the internal hydraulic pressure exceeds the hoop strength of the nose design. At the time of fracture, a massive energy spike is released as the particles break away and radiate outward from the initial trajectory path. This energy spike, and resulting temporary cavity, sends a shock wave through the animal's circulatory and nervous systems, immediately shutting down the functioning parts of these systems.
The Controlled Chaos technology differs from the Controlled Fracturing technology in that the fracturing particles are smaller, the penetration depth of the smaller particles is less, and the initial energy transfer is greater. These features make this an excellent choice for:
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size 7mm-08 Remington.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.284.
- This bullet weighs 142 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 2900 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 2652 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.251509054325956. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
|Rounds Per Pack||20|
You must be 18 years or older to purchase rifle ammunition, shotgun ammunition, rifles, and shotguns (except in states that require you to be 21 years or older). You must be 21 years or older to purchase handgun ammunition and handguns. CT, IL, MA, and NJ residents are required to show ID for ammunition orders. CA residents must ship ammunition to an FFL or ammo vendor. Additional restrictions may apply for DC, NY, HI, and AK. Due to DOT regulations, we cannot accept returns on ammunition. Please check that you are in compliance with local and state laws before placing your order. For safety reasons, always check that you are using the proper ammunition for your firearm.