Each Gold Dot® hollow point cavity is tuned by specific caliber and bullet weight to ensure optimum performance. We form the hollow point cavity in two stages. The first establishes how far the bullet can expand; the second controls the rate of expansion. This patented two-step cavity formation gives Speer engineers incredible control in the design process. Each bullet caliber and weight is tuned for optimum expansion and penetration. The bullet is then finished to provide a smooth profile for reliable feeding in semi-automatic handguns. Gold Dot was the first handgun ammunition loaded with true, bonded-core bullets. Using our exclusive Uni-Cor method, we bond the jacket to the core one molecule at a time at the very beginning of the bullet construction process. This virtually eliminates core-jacket separation
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .40 S&W.
- The bullet is made from Brass.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.4.
- This bullet weighs 165 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 1200 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 528 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.147321428571429. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
Handling firearms or firearm parts can expose you to lead and other petroleum products, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.