This ammunition should not be used in antique firearms. It is manufactured for use in modern firearms in good condition only, this ammunition could damage older and weaker firearms such as Trapdoor Springfields. This ammunition is recommended for use in Marlin 1895 manufactured after 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 replicas, New England Arms Handi-Rifle, Ruger #1, #3, T/C Encore, Shiloh, Christian, and Pedersoli Sharps, New Production Winchester 1886, Henry, H&R, and Siamese Mausers chambered in 45-70.
Underwood Ammo™ combines our trademark power and precision with Lehigh Defense masterfully designed Xtreme Penetrator bullets - the result is one jaw dropping round. This round is solid copper and features a unique nose that maximizes penetration and facilitates consistent and reliable magazine feeding. This round offers: Solid Copper (Lead Free) precision CNC machined design. Good for the environment, bad, really bad for the target Unique nose that increases the hydraulic velocity creating high pressure spikes resulting in a larger permanent wound column and over twice the penetration than most expanding bullets. Blunt nose for initial energy transfer and straight, deep penetration while allowing for reliable magazine feeding. Solid copper construction and cutting edges to punch through entry barriers without deformation or deflection.
Nickel-plated casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .45-70 Government +P.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.458.
- This bullet weighs 305 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 2350 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 3741 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.207716426896076. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of 0.195 - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
This ammunition should not be used in antique firearms. It is manufactured for use in modern firearms in good condition only, this ammunition could damage older and weaker firearms such as Trapdoor Springfields. This ammunition is recommended for use in Marlin 1895 manufactured after 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 replicas, New England Arms Handi-Rifle, Ruger #1, #3, T/C Encore, Shiloh, Christian, and Pedersoli Sharps, New Production Winchester 1886, Henry, H&R, and Siamese Mausers chambered in .45-70. If you have any doubts of whether or not your rifle is suitable for this ammunition please have a gunsmith inspect it, or you are more than welcome to call and inquire with us.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
Handling firearms or firearm parts can expose you to lead and other petroleum products, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.